public participation in scientific research
Get Involved! Learn and participate in these educational activities.
- Audubon– National Audubon Society. Audubon protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow.
- Audubon Rockies – Central Flyway. The regional office of the National Audubon Society for Wyoming and Colorado.
- Bird Sleuth K-12 – BirdSleuth K-12 creates innovative resources that build science skills while inspiring young people to connect to local habitats, explore biodiversity, and engage in citizen-science projects.
- CoCoRaHS – Report Rain, Hail, and Snow. “Volunteers working together to measure precipitation across the nations.”
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology – To interpret and conserve the earth’s biological diversity through research, education, and citizen science focused on birds.
- eBird – Report your bird sightings. Advancing science and conservation. Your sightings contribute to hundreds of conservation decisions and peer-reviewed papers, thousands of student projects, and help inform bird research worldwide.
- eBird Essentials: FREE COURSE
- FEEDERWATCH – FeederWatch is a winter-long (November-April) survey of birds that visit feeders at backyards, nature centers, community areas, and other locales in North America
- Habitat Hero – Planting a better world for birds and people
- List of birds of Wyoming from wikipedia.org
- Wyoming Bird Checklist (May 2016) from Wyoming Game and Fish Department Nongame Program
- WYOBIRDS Home Page – WYOBIRDS is a medium by which birders can post birds seen in Wyoming, upcoming bird related events, keep in contact with other birders, ask questions and keep abreast of bird related news. Basically, if it relates to birds in the state of Wyoming, it is welcome for posting to WYOBIRDS.